chalky

Thursday, February 7, 2013

valentine funfetti blondies

So apparently I'm clumsy in the kitchen.  Enough that my dog has noticed, and when I'm in there, his permanent spot is in between my body and the counter.  Yeah, it's pretty convenient.  He eats whatever I drop - spinach, celery, carrots - he has no problem eating anything.  This time, he got to feast on quite a few heart shaped sprinkles as I spilled them all over the place making these delicious blondies.  I mean, sprinkles are good for dogs, right?


Blondies. So delicious, I may even like them more than brownies.  I searched and searched for a funfetti blondie recipe to use up the last of my Valentine stash, but all the recipes were for cake batter blondies, which just wasn't what I wanted.  I finally decided to just go with this recipe from Smitten Kitchen, because I've never had a recipe from her that wasn't perfect!  They turned out great, and with only 5 ingredients for the basic recipe, pretty easy as well.  If you have some sprinkles that you're dying to use, or you're just in the mood for a cute and festive treat, make these funfetti blondies!


Valentine Funfetti Blondies
Ingredients:
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
½ cup Valentine sprinkles

Directions:
Butter an 8x8 pan.  Mix melted butter with brown sugar and beat until smooth.  Mix in egg and vanilla.  Add salt, stir in flour, and mix in sprinkles.

Pour into prepared pan.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until set in the middle.  Cool before cutting, at least 30 minutes.  (I let mine cool for an hour and they still needed some time to set.)

Source: Smitten Kitchen - look at her post for more ideas on adapting these!

No comments:

Post a Comment