chalky

Friday, February 1, 2013

honey-orange pork tenderloin

On Monday, Lane told me that he doesn't really like chicken.  Oops.  I think that's the protein I use in about 90% of our meals, and the other 10% is ground turkey.  Then he told me that his favorite is beef, which I maybe cook with once a month.  Good to know after almost three years of marriage.  


Yesterday I decided to ignore his favorite again, but I wanted to try something different.  This honey-orange pork tenderloin was so easy and so delicious!  I don't have an oven safe skillet (I was scared to guess) so I did this in my dutch oven without the lid and it worked perfectly.  Although there are several stove-to-oven recipes I've been wanting to try lately so an oven-safe skillet may be in my future.  If you're in the market for an easy meal and want to get out of the chicken rut, try this!  (But I bet the glaze would be good on chicken too, hehe.)

Honey-Orange Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin (mine was 1.6lbs)
1/3 cup orange marmalade
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced garlic, I was out)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a small mixing bowl, combine the marmalade, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic powder.  Whisk together until well combined.  Reserve 2 tablespoons of the sauce and set aside.

Heat the oil in a dutch oven (or oven safe skillet if you're lucky) over medium high heat.  Salt and pepper the tenderloin while you wait.  When the oil is hot, cook the tenderloin for 1-2 minutes on each side until the outside turns golden brown.  Remove from the heat and pour about half of the non-reserved sauce over the tenderloin.  Bake in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes, then flip the tenderloin over, pour the rest of the non-reserved sauce on it, and bake for another 10 minutes.  

Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.  I got a spoon out at this point and drizzled the sauce that was in the pan over the tenderloin.  Then slice into ½" slices and drizzle the reserved sauce over.  Serve immediately.

Source: Our Best Bites, originally from Cooking Light



No comments:

Post a Comment