chalky

Thursday, January 31, 2013

valentine party popcorn

Have I mentioned that I love Valentine's Day? Oh wait, yes I did.  I have a slight problem when it comes to "impulse buying" at the grocery store, so this recipe was a great way to use all the Valentine's cuteness I found. It's almost endlessly customizable, so I may make a football version for the Superbowl party we're going to on Sunday.  As soon as I figure out who's playing. :) 


The recipe as written makes enough to overflow out of two freezer size ziplocs.  I think dried cranberries or cherries and pecans would be fun additions as well!  It wouldn't be overkill to use a whole bag of M&Ms - that's what I originally planned to do - but let's not talk about what I did with them instead, ok?



Valentine Party Popcorn
Ingredients:
2 bags lightly salted popcorn, popped
4 cups pretzels, broken into pieces (not crushed)
½ bag Valentine M&Ms
2 bags candy melts (I used pink and white)
2 oz heart-shaped sprinkles

Directions:
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.  Divide popcorn, pretzels, and M&Ms between the two baking sheets and toss to combine.  Melt 1 bag candy melts according to package directions, then use a fork to drizzle evenly over the mixture on both baking sheets.  Sprinkle quickly with half the sprinkles.

Place the baking sheets in the refrigerator and allow to set for about 10 minutes.  Melt the second bag of candy melts.  Take the mixture out of the refrigerator and toss, then repeat with the second round of candy and other half of the sprinkles. Chill again for about 10 minutes, then toss and eat up!

Source: inspired by She Wears Many Hats


No comments:

Post a Comment