chalky

Sunday, June 16, 2013

honeydew cucumber cooler

You know that feeling you have when you've been out of town - the one where you've been eating out constantly and all you want are some vegetables and home cooked meals?  Well, that's how I felt after my trip to Seattle.  So when I saw this recipe in my new Real Simple magazine, I knew it was calling my name.


I have officially become an Indiana wimp when it comes to heat - the high was 85 and I went to the pool, drank about 80 gallons of water, and then decided today was the day for this refreshing drink.  It totally hit the spot.  I drank it on the patio with a plate of the broccoli pesto pasta I posted yesterday , and it was wonderfully green and delicious.  Next time I may do half sparkling water in the glass to cut the sweetness a little and add some fizz.


Honeydew Cucumber Cooler
Ingredients:
1 honeydew melon, peeled and chopped
1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced, divided
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh lime juice

Directions:
Puree melon, half of cucumber, and mint leaves in a blender until smooth.  Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher.  Add lime juice and remaining half of cucumber slices.  Stir well, then serce over ice, garnished with lime slices, if desired.

Source: Real Simple magazine, July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment