chalky

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Meal Plan week of 7/4/16

Hi there!

I feel like I've reached a real "mom" milestone this weekend.  Potty training!! It was every bit as fun as everyone said it would be (also known as... not!).  We're making progress and I'm so proud of my big girl for trying something that was apparently terrifying.  We'll see if we can venture out of the house for some short trips this week.

Here's what's sounding good for dinner at our house!

Monday: Happy 4th of July! Lane is working most of the day, so we'll be celebrating with burgers on the grill, watermelon, and a red, white, and blue version of THIS for dessert when he gets home.  We smoked a pork shoulder over the weekend, so we feel like we got our "outdoor cooking" celebration in. ;)

Tuesday: Stir Fry
I seriously put this on the menu every other week.  It's quick, healthy, and everyone will eat it.  The leftovers are good for lunch, and I'm not heating up the whole house with the oven.  Woohoo!

Wednesday: Barbecue Chicken Sliders
I use this recipe for an outrageously easy crock pot main course.  Serve on slider buns with your favorite sides - it's usually corn casserole and roasted broccoli here!  I am taking dinner to a sweet family that has a new baby and this is a great alternative to the usual casserole in my humble opinion. ;)  I usually bring them a salad(instead of broccoli), fruit, and homemade muffins or cinnamon rolls for breakfast as well.

Thursday: Taco Salad
Nothing fancy here! A bag or 2 of romaine, chopped tomatoes, a can of black beans, frozen corn, ground turkey w/ taco seasoning, chips and cheese.  Lane eats his with salsa for dressing, and I use a couple tablespoons of light Ranch (can't resist!).  Toss it all together and cool off with dinner!

Friday: leftovers!

Saturday/Sunday - we'll usually do breakfast for dinner one night, and get takeout or go out on the other. Hooray for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment