chalky

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Meal Plan week of 3/14/16

Hi friends!
We are back from a fun weekend at my brother-in-law's family's ranch in central Texas.  It was a great trip - lots of relaxing and non-electronic entertainment.  Ruby and Holden loved the extra attention and seeing all the animals. :)  We are tired but refreshed!

Here's what's on the menu this week - it's another short week for us because we are headed to Beaver's Bend, Oklahoma with our small group from church!  We are "camping" and so excited!

Monday: Broccoli Chicken Casserole
My favorite from growing up - I always asked for this for my birthday dinner!  It's basically Poppyseed Chicken with a layer of broccoli on the bottom. Every time I make it, I have to text my mom for the recipe.  I should really write it down...

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
We have a playdate scheduled for this day, and that usually takes the wind right out of my sails (in a good way!) so I'm planning a crock pot meal!  I'll love coming home and having naptime to regroup so I'm a nice mommy instead of a grouch scrambling to get dinner ready.

Wednesday: leftovers (or pizza!)
We're going camping on Thursday and my packing list is a mile long.  I'll take the night off from cooking and we can eat what we have or order pizza if there isn't enough.  That way I'll be able to get a head start on loading up the car with all the odds and ends that traveling with a 2 year old and an infant require!

Thursday: Planning on Pioneer Woman's 7 can soup when we get to our "campgrounds"

I'm also making this Lucky Shamrock mix in honor of St. Patrick's Day on Thursday!  We'll be driving, but it looks like a fun roadtrip snack.

Hoping to make my favorite orange chocolate chip muffins and cookies to take with us, time permitting!  Have a great week - what's for dinner at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment